Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Minecraft PE Survival Base

        My main survival world is a peaceful mode world. The seed I used is 0.69.0, which is the BEST SEED EVER. I got it from this video. You spawn at the bottom of a hill, and there's lots of goodies under spawn (iron, diamond, gold, AND coal!!). Since it's a peaceful world, I didn't really need a house and my base was a bunch of chests, furnaces, a crafting table, and a bed in front of the spawn hill. However, I'm preparing to turn off peaceful mode forever, so I decided to get a bunch of resources and build an awesome base. Here's how to get to the site of my house: Walkover to the right edge of the hill and climb over it. There's a tundra on top of the hill. Walk across it, and go down the hill. You'll see a big, grassy plain with tons of animals.
        My base is a big cobblestone cylinder with windows. Here's a picture:

My Base
        My base currently has two floors and a ceiling. There's a ladder going up through the center. The bottom floor is sort of boring. There's just the usual stuff: furnace, crafting table, stonecutter, bed, etc. There's also the entrance to my mine and the entrance to the sheep maze. I'll explain later. The second floor is my utility room. There's a crafting center with a chest full of fuel, another bed, and my chest area.
Second Floor Chest Storage Area
        My base is a torch-free zone. I hate the old-fashioned look of torches and Mojang's failed attempt to make them look like they're flickering. Glowstone is just SO much better. I built rings of glass in the exact same position on each floor, with some glowstone. During the day, the natural sunlight goes all the way to the bottom floor. It's awesome. Here's some pictures: 

My roof
View from the second floor
View from the bottom floor


        Also, I have an over-the-top wool farm. It's not really a farm, though. It's more like an awesome habitat for the sheep. It's almost a maze, with several rooms and flowers in each one. There's also little decorative pools of water.
The sheep maze
       This screenshot was taken last Thursday, when Springtime the green sheep was still happily enjoying his beautiful home. He came into my life when he accidentally wandered too close to my house and was pushed into the sheep pit. He was tragically lost in an accident on Sunday in which he was annoying me by trying to escape. I tried to poke him with my fists, but I forgot to put away my diamond sword.  Let's all have a moment of silence to mourn the loss of Springtime, the green sheep. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Finally, there's my failed beacon. I learned a trick to build beacons without having to fall off and die: build a two-block-wide tower as you're going up, and dig your way down on one side when you're done. My beacon, however, failed for two reasons: One, I didn't start out with enough materials. At first I used dirt, then stone, then sand. My second mistake was falling off not once, but twice. This means the beacon is about half as tall as it could be. You can see my base before you see the beacon, which defeats the purpose of a beacon. Sad Face.
Beacon Fail
        Sorry for the really late post, imaginary readers. My posts are always too long.


3 comments:

  1. I only read the last couple of paragraphs, but I plan to read more later. I'm enjoying your writing voice, and your mention of imaginary readers. I'm going to make sure my kids read your blog so that they can have more productive Minecraft experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, my kids also enjoyed the video that you have linked here in this post. They will definitely be following your blog, and aren't we lucky that you've allowed me access?
    Have you considered putting that code in so that when your reader clicks on a link they will have a new tab opened in their browser rather than navigating within the same tab they're using for your blog? I keep pushing that one, don't I?

    ReplyDelete